Are you wondering what some abbreviations and terms stand for in the transgender community? Here are some of the most commonly used terms.
- MTF/M2F - male to femaleFTM/F2M - female to male
- AMAB - assigned male at birth
- AFAB - assigned female at birth
- NB/ENBY - non-binary
- GAFF - A gaff is an undergarment worn to tuck. The gaff compresses your genital area, making it appear smooth and feminine.
- ALLY - Someone that is trans friendly.
- CLOCKED - Getting "clocked" is a term that is used when someone can tell that you are trans, and not a cisgender female. Also known as clocking.
- GENDER DYSPHORIA - Gender dysphoria is a term used to describe the distress a person experiences when their true gender identity doesn't match the given gender they were assigned at birth.
Trans Beauty Blog is reader-supported. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We are also an Etsy associate. This post has affiliate links. We only recommend products that we truly love, fit our style, and would use in our daily lives. Thank you for your continued support.
Most Popular Shopping Picks:
1. Unclockable Tucking Tape Kit
2. Eyebrow Kit
3. Braun Silk-Epil 9
4. Trans Pride Bracelet
5. Braun Series 9 Electric Shaver
6. Tucking Compression Leggings